Springtime at Husson

By: Chris Czachor, Student Journalist

Spring can be a very exciting time to be on the Husson University campus. Snow melts away as the temperature slowly heats up. With the emergence of Spring, students get a chance to go outside and enjoy a Husson baseball, softball, or lacrosse game on a beautiful afternoon. If sports are not your thing, even sitting outside while you do your studying or write your paper can put you in a more cheerful mood. That is, as long as you do not sit in a puddle of mud. For most, Spring also brings the excitement of nearing the end of the semester and heading home for Summer break.

With as much joy as the end of the semester can bring, it is also bound to bring an overwhelming amount of stress for college students. It can be hard for students to stay focused on studying for finals and finishing projects when Summer break seems so close. It is also tempting to go spend the whole day outside in the nice weather that you have been deprived of for the last six months or so.

Husson University junior Brandon Johnson says that he likes to plan ahead so that he knows when he will have free time to enjoy himself.

“Finals time can be extremely stressful. I like to schedule when I will work on different assignments, and give myself deadlines before things are actually due so that I know that they will get done,” said Johnson, “I feel more organized, so I know when I’ll have time to do something more fun than homework.”

Johnson said that when he gets free time, he tries to spend as much time outside as possible. Staying active is something that is also very important to him.

“I like to get outside and throw a frisbee with some friends. Also, being able to run outside is a lot better than running on a treadmill,” said Johnson.

Although the end of the semester tends to be the most busy time of the year for students, it is essential that they take breaks from their studies to relax and do something they enjoy. Their might be a lot of work to do, but their is also plenty of time available to you if you budget your time correctly.

“It’s definitely not healthy to sit and do homework or study for 5 or 6 hours straight. You need to switch it up every once in a while,” said Johnson, “you can’t drown yourself in homework.”

With that being said, there are plenty of ways to switch it up this Spring at Husson. If you are into sports, get outside and watch one of your favorite Eagles teams, or go out and throw the pigskin around with some friends. If music is your thing, hurry up and get down to the Gracie Theatre to secure your ticket to see Canaan Smith on April 7. Tickets are still available, but why wait? If none of this sounds entertaining to you, then check out the Toilet Times the next time you find yourself in the bathroom. You are bound to find something that interests you.